Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Nothing says Orlando quite like a wolf...

I consider myself to be of, at least, average intelligence. I'm college educated and gainfully employed, so it drives me nuts when I don't even have the mental capacity to absorb some of the slogans, mottos, and branding that goes on here in Orlando gift shops. I'm assuming you are operating at a higher level than I am, intellectually, so you'll probably know right away what this is all about. OK, gator stuff, I get. Sharks, HAHA. Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck - really, no explanation necessary. But a wolf under a full blue moon? Not usually top of mind when it comes to Orlando tourism. Or this friendly-looking chap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the typical man you cross paths with in Orlando is wearing the same shirt as every other member of his family...his headgear usually includes (at worst) some sort of mouse ears or (best case scenario) a baseball hat.

Skull caps and a big fat joint...not so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell the difference but maybe it is actually a coyote - we do have those in Florida and there have been sightings in Orange County.

Anonymous said...

The wolf shirt.... wow... lmao Not to mention that Orlando is so uptight the you would could probably get arrested on a drug charge just carrying that ashtray around.