Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No wonder the sharks and gators are so pissed!


I figured this was some sort of "rubber shark in glass trick," because, really, who would hunt down a baby shark to kill it, put it in a jar of formaldehyde, and sell it in a tacky gift shop on International Drive for ten bucks? And worse yet, who would buy it?

But I had to find out for sure, so I asked the lady at the register. I tried to phrase it in a really upbeat way, so she wouldn't think I was being judgmental and lie to me. "Hey, WOW!" I said, "Look at that! It's not a real shark, is it?"

If you are an animal lover, cover your eyes for this part.

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA...(Ready?)

It is.

AND guess what? I believe the same guy who came up with the "baby shark in jar" concept just might be spending his weekends chopping the heads off baby alligators and covering them in shellac.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow of course there would be real but mine was not ten it was 50 because it was rare

Anonymous said...

Mine was 50 cause it was rare or something

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, those are not baby sharks. They're fetuses. The shark gives birth inside, then they continue to grow, then they are re-born live. These come from grown sharks that are killed or found dead and had babies still inside.