Thursday, November 22, 2007

Something to be thankful for...


Today is the obvious day for me to offer up thanks, and I'm going to try not to get too sentinmental.

Yes, my kids are great and all that, but I'd like to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude to the creator of cut-off jean shorts.

Some might say cut-off's have never been in style, but I would argue they haven't gone out of style since the Daisy Duke era - circa 1979. I stumbled on cut-off jean shorts out of necessity. As a tall chick, my pants always tended to run a little on the short side. Highwaters - tacky. Cut-off shorts - Tacky Fabulous. You dig?

In my world, boyfriends come and go, but cut-off's are constant. They've been with me through my pimply-faced high school days, ill-spent college years, children, divorce...

OK, I can feel myself getting emotional and I promised I wouldn't, so I'm going to stop.

Cut-off shorts are kind of like kids - you hate to pick favorites. But let's just say I'm VERY fond of this particular pair. As a side note, is that not the most tacky fabulous purple bedspread you've ever seen?

1 comment:

cristel said...

OMG are they the same cut off's you've been wearing since college? burn them.....