Monday, December 3, 2007

Tacky Fabulous - and plane rude too!


Since we pride ourselves on being a friendly city, in Orlando we prefer to do our dirty work via passive aggressive notes. This gem was posted prominently on the front door of...well, you guessed it...an establishment on I-Drive that specializes in the distribution of sunshine-in-a can/Jesus-on-a-half-shell type gifts.

The message is profound, and quite haunting, as well. Almost a week later, I still find myself asking, "WTF?" What's the "bag safety" issue? What is "the other store"? Is it really bad fast food etiquette to bring a McDonald's bag into Burger King? Was management cool with this sign being posted? Do you really think the hand-drawn happy-face afterthought somehow makes the whole thing "friendlier"?
I passed the evidence along to our friends at Passive Aggressive Notes. They are experts in dissecting and diagnosing this sort of thing. Make sure to check out what they had to say.

5 comments:

Matt Boom said...

Please let me know where this is so I can avoid it. And they spelled McDonald's wrong.

Tacky Fabulous said...

It's in the hotbed of tacky. Coming from I-4 downtown, take the first I-Drive exit (where you would turn left to go to Festival Bay), make a right. I don't know the name of the store - probably starts with the word "Bargains," though!

Matt Boom said...

My neighbor owns all of the Bargain World stores in the area. I hope it's not one of his.

Tacky Fabulous said...

You lucky duck...can he get me a discount? If you see him, please ask if this was in his store - and if so, what is the back-story?!

Anonymous said...

They also spelled "plain" wrong.