Monday, December 17, 2007

Where were these when I was underage?


Finally, a solution to the problem of overpriced drinks in Orlando's hotel bars! I stumbled upon this wonderful sight at The Key Motel on Highway 192 in Kissimmee. Neveryoumind why I was at the Key - we'll just chalk it up as research.

Right there at the front entrance is a BEER VENDING MACHINE. I had never even heard of such a thing.

It raises so many questions: for starters, you've got to wonder about the legality of it. Apparently they don't subscribe to the "We ID anyone under 35" theory. Does this mean a 12 year-old with a fist full of quarters can now get his drink on?

Next, I want to know what's up with the "For Sale" sign. Is that to imply you can purchase a single beer, or if you're on a hard core bender, you may opt instead to buy up the machine and all its contents?

Last but not least, what do they stock? I have a funny feeling it's something along the lines of Milwaukee's Best. ICK!

No comments: