Friday, January 11, 2008

Most Tacky Fabulous Uniform in Orlando

This is almost an impossible category because of the huge number of contenders, but let's at least consider a few - after all, where else but in Central Florida does somebody get up in the morning and put this on before they punch in?


When I was working at Disney during college, I whined and complained about the polyester shirts and pleated pants that were required of all "Backstage Studio Tour Guides." What can I say - I'm a Jersey chick and I wanted something shorter and tighter with a few rhinestones to bling it up. My bosses, instead, transferred me to the Muppetvision 3D attraction, where I really had something to bitch about - while donning a lab coat, goggles, green painter's cap and the standard-issue orange high tops.

Moving on to Exhibit B - Here's a cast member at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. They're the ones who doll-up little girls to look like fairy princesses. (In the name of research, I called and found out there is no maximum age for the makeover and photo shoot - so my appointment is next Thursday after my pole-dancing aerobics class!)

By the way, if you'd like to dress like a Disney ride attendant, food services worker or monorail operator in the privacy of your own home, there is somebody on eBay actually selling these hot items.
photos courtesy of: (in order) www.arondaparks.com/ and www.markwenzel.com/ and somebody's vacation, and the aforementioned somebody on ebay.

2 comments:

Kronos said...

So how did the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover go?

Tacky Fabulous said...

I'm sorry to report The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique doesn't provide "wardrobe for big girls" - only for kids!!! It's sort of a BYOT thing (bring your own tiara), so I've rescheduled and I'm now waiting on a Cinderella gown on special order. I'll keep you posted Kronos!