Tuesday, January 8, 2008

When they say "500 Gay Softball Players," they mean "500 Gay Softball Players"

If you don't have the guts to visit the gay landmark/resort that is the Parliament House, that's OK - you can feel almost as naughty just visiting their website. I love the pics and all the fun events they have listed, although I have to admit, as a straight Mom in the 'burbs, I sometimes need to enlist the help of a gay translator.

Thank Goodness for Fred - he's the concierge at the Parliament House, on-call to answer all my stupid questions. Like the other day, when I read about 500 gay softball players that are slated to be in town on the weekend of January 19.
"Wait a second," I said to myself, "I get it - that's some kind of gay play on words. Soft-ball players...heh heh." I have a dirty side, you know; I'm not naive.

So, I emailed Fred and asked him, "What does it really mean when you talk about 'watching 500 gay SOFTBALL players'?" Is it some sort of underground party? A filthy orgy-esque kind of thing? How deviant, in our "family-oriented" city! Is it even legal?

Fred politely responded with: "It means there will be 500 people at a park participating in a softball game for charity."

Oh. OK.

Well, hopefully things will start to get crazy when Gay Days rolls around because in the words of the great Homer Simpson, "I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FLAMING!"

No comments: