Sunday, February 17, 2008

If it's not one bucking thing, it's another.

Sunday marked the end of another go-round for the Silver Spurs Rodeo, and I reckon it was dang fun for y'all who went. Unfortunately, with quail hunting season in full gear right now, I rarely find time to do much else - it's my passion.

With that said, I'm totally bummed I missed the Silver Spurs Bull Riding Competition, Steer Wrestlin, Calf Roping (raise your hand if you're rooting for the calf!), and Mutton Bustin' for the little ones.
Little Miss Silver Spurs was crowned in Thursday night's pageant. She and her court are now responsible for "promoting rodeo, agriculture, and 'the Western Way of life," which is a refreshing alternative to our current state of affairs - "the southern way of life":

photo 1 courtesy of Silver Spurs Rodeo
photo 2 courtesy of this

No comments: