Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chicks Love ATV's Y'all!

Today in Manhattan, the New York Historical Society will preview its newest exhibit:  "Woven Splendor - Exotic Rugs and Textiles from Timbuktu to Tibet."

 
Yawn.

But this weekend on the outskirts of Orlando, we've got Muddi Gras.  That's 50 acres of mud, y'all.  

It's BYOB -Bring your own buggy (or Truck or ATV).  God will understand if you have to skip church this morning - after all, Muddi Gras wraps up today and the gates open at 8am, which means you'll have the entire day to ride your Truck (or ATV or Buggy) in the mud.  

I know you're thinking that the only thing that could make this better is some cold Budweiser and a little David Allen Coe - that fella who sings, "Y'all Don't Have to Call Me Darlin'."  Well hot damn, I reckon he's fixin to be there, hoss!  AND - the dang flyer says they got showers, campin' and real toilets, too.

Before you suggest I don't understand the social significance of a water-soaked-dirt event, let me display a photograph from my own collection - where I was cheering on my boyfriend at the Sussex County Farm & Horse Show Mud Bog, circa 1994.  

Go Baby, Go!

No comments: