Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Very Suspicious

There's something very peculiar going on, fellow residents of Orlando.


And the fact that nobody is talking about it makes me even more disturbed.

Have you noticed anything different about Lee the Appliance Lady?  If not, I'm here to break it to you - the plaid jumper is gone.  
No explanation - Nothing.  After 12 years of an outfit that bears a striking resemblance to the ensembles worn by the Von Trapp family in the Sound of Music, Lee's now donning an olive green pantsuit.  
The email response from her fan site on my space was a simple, "it was time for something different."

If it were only that simple.  

Because now there is also much chatter from Sam about how his appliances come directly from Cleveland.  Splashed across the screen is a great big graphic, screaming "DISHWASHERS DIRECTLY FROM OHIO."

Which of course, leads me to wonder what's so great about midwestern dishwashers.

Then it hits me.

It smacks me with the same "ARGH" I felt after being Rick Roll'd three times today.

Sam is in my head again! 

He wants me to wonder about Lee's new outfit.  He wants me to ponder incessantly about washing machines.  Under any other circumstances, none of it would matter. I wouldn't be contemplating white porcelain, but now I can't get it out of my mind.  It's advertising genius.  It's psychology at its best. It's the sort of mind FU$& that can only come from a man in jorts fighting dirty in the war on overpriced appliances.  

I salute you, Sam.  You are a formidable marketing foe.

1 comment:

J. Chris said...

From CLEVELAND, folks!