Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thank you, Orlando Weekly...

...for naming Tacky Fab "Best Lifestyle Blog" for 2008. Never in all my life did I think my name might someday sit right next to the winners for "Best Mustache", "Best Wrestling Match" and "Best F-You to the Disabled". 


I have arrived.

Now - per the request of my friends at Orange County Concepts - my acceptance speech...

Thank you, Orlando Weekly. Without you, this would not be possible. Not only because it's your award, but because you allow me to steal your intellectual property on a somewhat regular basis. Like the skortman thing...and all those listings for events I'd otherwise not be invited to, like the vomit art exhibit and the International Man of Leather Contest.

But most of all, I'd like to thank my muse...


...for keeping the tacky fab dream alive.  She knows the secret.  It's not what you drive that matters - it's how many theme park character figurines and Bible scriptures made from mailbox letters you can attach to it - that really counts.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Wow, congratulations. I don't actually live in Florida anymore, but it's always fun to see what kind of craziness is going on in Orlando.

And it's nice to see your tacky efforts being fabulously rewarded by the local rag.

See what I did there?

johnnypeepers said...

Congratulations girl. The closest I got to the inside of Orlando Weekly was a rejected "Boy on Boyz No Rulez" massage therapy ad. I think it had something to do with the prostitution vice bust that had happened a few weeks before I submitted it. Anyways, keep up the great work, I loooooove the blog.

J. Chris said...

Haha, love it.